Part 1: Consist's of Engineering Aptitude (50 Questions – 25 Minutes) which
Part 2: Consist's of Mechanical Comprehension (50 Questions – 30 Minutes)
Basic Production Engineering,
Mechanical Figurative Questions
Part 3: Consist's of General Aptitude (60 Questions, 30 Minutes)
Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Puzzles
Some sample questions for Part 1 are:
Effect of addition of salt on water (related to solutions)Over turning of vehicle in circular track (conditions of skidding, etc)
Effect of pressure on boiling
Effect of rubbing glass with silk & rubber with_________ (nature of charge produced)
Forces on charges
Time period of pendulum
Body temperature in f, temperature common on both c &f scale
Graphite crystal structure
Sample questions of Part 2 are:
Determinant value? Ans: 0
Which of the following is not a thermal radiation law? Ans: Lamberts law
In which units sound is measured? Ans:Decibels
Velocity of sound at sea level?
Which of the following is formed due to the attraction between moon and earth? Ans:Tides
Instrument used for measurement of high temperatures? Ans:Pyrometer
Thread used in lathe leadscrew? Ans:ACME Thread
If water is air, air is dust, dust is light, light is sound, and sound is water, where does fish live?
If v=220V, I=25A, power factor=0.8, frequency=400Hz. If the motor runs for 3 hours, what is the power consumed?
Symbol of capacitor?
Boiling point of mercury?
When salt is added to water, what happens to its freezing point?
What motor do they use in railway engines for traction?
DC Shunt motor b. DC Series motor
What motor is used for running lathe spindle?
Type of magnetic material used for small motors.
Diamagnetic b. paramagnetic c. ferromagnetic
What types of images do concave and convex lenses produce?
What is the speed of 3-phase induction motor?
Which gear type does not have axial thrust? Ans: Herringbone
If the barometer shows 300mm Hg, what is the absolute pressure?
What is the 4-1 process in otto cycle?
Power stroke in diesel cycle is what process? Ans:Adiabatic process
Which of the following does not form a real image?
Concave b. Convex c. telescope d. microscope
At what temperature °C and K are the same?
What is the material used in permanent magnet?
An object weighs 3kg in air, 2.5kg in water, what is its density?
Which material has the highest Cp value?
air b. water c. copper
Which of the following has lowest thermal conductivity?
steel b. SS c. Bronze d. copper
The crystalline structure of graphite is
a. Simple cubic b. FCC c. BCC d. HCP
Which process cannot be used to produce external threads?
forging b. Rolling c. milling d. turning
The axial stress on a member which is subjected to a sudden load when compared to load applied gradually is
a. same b. double c. half d. quadraple
Silencer reduces noise. It also
gives balance to engine b. increases fuel consumption c. Decreases fuel consumption d. reduces vibrations
Unit of kinematic viscosity.
Unit of surface tension.
Meaning of overdrive
Meaning general drill bit angle.
Reason of using regenerator & condenser.
Cycle used in gas cycles, dual cycle& diesel cycle diagram.
Normal value of voltage in spark plug & distributor function.
In which case turning will be easy (front wheel driven back wheel steered/__/___/___).
Viscous fluid passing through duct of varying cross section & pressure remains unchanged-reason?
Pitch circle diameter &Pressure angle
Gear system in which axial thrust is absent.
Force applied on pin joint of truss (connecting 3 bars, middle straight side slant at equal angle)-tension/compression in middle bar?
Element added to steel for corrosion resistance.(Ans: Cr)
Which has lowest specific heat- water, steam, copper?
Which has lowest thermal conductivity-stainless steel, steel, and bronze?
Diamond pin function.
Relation between stress-gradually applied & suddenly applied.
Increasing of water density in range?(0-4 degree)
1 litre, 4 stroke engine, 1600 rpm, mean thermal effective pressure=5 bar, power of engine?
Finding rpm of single phase alternator from list of rpm's.
Efficiency of carnot engine.
Temperature measurement based on which law.
Size of lathe(parameters)
Thread can be formed by all process except
Forging b. rolling c. Milling d. Turning
Thread used in screw jack, lead screw?
Which is not related to thermal radiation
planck law b. steffan boltzmann law dc. fourier law
Radiator type used in bus.
Definitions of normalizing, tempering, quenching, etc.
Normal hardness value of cast iron used in lathe bed.(in BHN)
Definitions-straddle milling, slab milling, gang milling etc.
Questions based on getting final 3-D shape, from sheet showing details where it can be folded.
Getting front view, top view, side view of given isometric view.
Material is not removed in which process
punching b. coining c. tapping d. embossing
General aptitude (60 Questions: 30 Minutes)
Question Types: Figurative questions (from Edgar Thorpe), Analogy, ratios and proportions, time and work, time and distance, Implicit statement reasoning
1. If the average of the 10 of the 11 player is 30.if the 11th player score is added the average decreases by 2.what is the score of the 11th player.
2. Exonerate –meaning
Peaceful: resistance then
a) litigation: lawlessness
b) coherent: inconsistency
c) dumb: follow
d) diligent: reliability
e) rough: forceful
4. Cut is to feline, vulpane is to---------------.
5. Three problems using codes
a. if AGPSV IS BHQTW, then DKNUY
b. CEGIK then choose the same pattern ans: moqsu
6. Diagram of one block was given. It contains three or four sections. we were asked to find the
a. Left side view. b. Bottom side view c. Back side view.
7. A contestant won an election by 15% more votes than the combined votes by his two rivals. If he had got 4500 votes more then he would have attracted 4/5th of total votes. Find no of votes
8. Men and women went for a party; which ratio is impossible if 252 people are present:1:7
9. Find the odd one out
a. truck b. auto c. car. d .jeep
a. cloud b. lake c. snow d. stream e. sky
a. Flavor b. Fragrance c. Perfume
10. Which no is wrong from the following sequence
1, 5, 5, 25,625,900,975625
316, 156, 76, 32, 16, 6
11. Max value of sin2x+cos2x
12. ∫∫xy dx dy ans: 400
13. A statement has been given, which is followed by 2 conclusions, marked I&II, mark the answers as follows.
if only the I conclusion is true
if only the II conclusion is true
if both r required
none of them is true
e.g. I All scientists are hard working, II All poor men are not scientists
14. Complete the series
1. 15 15 _ 16 24 24 3 3
3. 316 156 76 31 16 6 1
4. Given numbers in squares and asked to find the missing numbers
5. 16, 16, 24, _____, 36, 36, 54
15. 1 foot is 31 paise how much would have it cost for 20 yards
16. A man has 8.5 cm string pieces. However string in available only in lengths of meters. What is the min length he should buy so that he loses less?
17. 3 numbers are in the ratio 2:4: 5 the 2nd number is so greater than the diff between 1st and 3rd find the second number. ans 40
18. If f=2sinex+y*2, ∂f/∂x=?
19. 2x+3y=5, 6x+9y=k. These equations are not possible when,
a. k=15 b. k not equal to 15 c. k=0 d. k=1
20. If a plane cuts a circular cone along the axis of the cone then the curve of intersection is
a. Circle b. ellipse c. parabola d. hyperbola
21. x*2-2x=6 has change of sign between?
22. A plot has its breadth thrice that of its length. If a square field has an area of 675 m*2. If the plot has 1/4th area of the field, what is its length?
23. What is the partial differentiation of 2sinex+y*3?
24. 42: 110:?
25. Which of the follwing no. can’t be divided in the ratio of 1:7? Ans: 258
26. Is ß positive?
Statements given: 7ß=56, -ß=negative
27. If z and zbar are two complex nos. like 3+2i and 2-3i, what is the value of z*zbar?